OUR VISION IS TO CREATE A TRULY SPECIAL NEW PIECE OF THE CAPITAL
The aspiration of Enfield Council is to create a truly special new piece of the capital – a place with character and edge, where beautiful homes and world class public spaces are enlivened by a rich mix of growing industries in an environment which welcomes the surrounding communities.
Meridian Water will deliver:
10,000 new homes
- including thousands of affordable homes, to help to ease the London housing crisis and provide homes for local people.
Thousands of new high quality jobs
- across the creative, professional, low-carbon, digital, media, hi-tech and engineering sectors, with a range of large businesses alongside dedicated space and support for start-ups.
An additional 10,000 construction jobs
- during the 20-year regeneration period.
A new station for Meridian Water
- unlocking the area for commuters, taking passengers south directly to Stratford London and London Liverpool Street and north to Stansted and Cambridge.
Fast connections to and from the area
- just 17 minutes from Westfield Stratford, 24 minutes from Liverpool Street station, 22 minutes from London City Airport and 43 from Heathrow.
New homes under construction
- with 725 homes delivered at Willoughby Lane alongside shops and facilities, and a new Meridian Water station opening in 2019.
A beautiful waterside environment
- with the River Lea and Pymmes Brook passing right through the site to create an idyllic canal-side environment for residents, workers and visitors.
Fantastic training opportunities
- established by Enfield Council, providing a programme of traineeships and apprenticeships to help local people.
Super high speed broadband
- across the site matched by a pioneering approach to digital infrastructure to maximize the benefits of the sharing economy.
A home to Meridian Works
- a haven for makers, creators and artists, including Europe’s largest open workshop for Building Bloqs.
Beautifully designed public open spaces
- providing lively welcoming spaces for all to enjoy.
A new Primary school for Enfield, Meridian Angel School
- already delivered and fully open.
Supportive infrastructure and local facilities
- with major investment into schools, health services, transport infrastructure and community facilities throughout the regeneration programme.
Connection to Enfield’s local heat network, energetik
- delivering community heat networks to provide low carbon heating and hot water to at least 30,000 homes and businesses in and around Enfield, helping to secure the area’s energy future and improve the local environment.
A pioneering approach to regeneration
- with Enfield Council actively leading the entire project to ensure maximum benefits for residents and ratepayers.
An attractive boulevard through the site
- linking the railway station in the West to the 10,000 acre Lee Valley Regional Park in the East, passing over the waterways and through a series of public spaces to create one cohesive neighbourhood.
Significant investment into the Cycle Enfield PROGRAMME
- linking with the wider Enfield network and providing supporting footpaths to make a safe and welcoming environment for all.