EXPLORE

MERIDIAN
WATER

play

03 September 2020 - 10:33 AM

Meridian Water Phase One – Vistry Partnerships planning consultation

At the end of 2019, Enfield Council signed a Development Agreement with Vistry Partnerships to deliver “Meridian One”, the first phase of the £6 billion Meridian Water development, which will deliver a mixed use development of approximately 1000 homes, as well as over 2000 sq.m of leisure, retail, employment and community spaces. These homes will be delivered adjacent to the new Meridian Water station, which opened in summer 2019, and will serve up to four million passengers each year at its peak. The scheme will also deliver new public open spaces and improve connections between the Meridian Water Station and Upper Edmonton. 

The development will provide 50% affordable housing overall, with 25% Council homes overall, and 25% ‘intermediate’ homes overall.  The Council homes will be for London Affordable Rent (LAR) and the intermediate homes will include shared ownership homes and be aimed at first time buyers and key workers. The 50% private homes will include homes for sale and for rent. Outline planning permission is already in place and a Reserved Matters Application is now due to be submitted by Vistry Partnerships for the first 300 homes. This will enable construction works to start by spring 2021 for the first new Council homes, with the first completions in 2022.   

Vistry Partnerships are now actively consulting on their plans and welcome comments & input from the community as to their plans. 

You can now read more, join consultation events and comment here as per the links: https://meridianoneconsultation.co.uk/en/

https://meridianoneconsultation.co.uk/en/projects/rma-public-consultation-1/process

Meridian Water supports local community groups to improve lives in Edmonton

Enfield Council has awarded more than £317,000 in funding to 19 projects delivering to the communities in the Edmonton wards that border the Meridian Water development.

READ MORE

Deputy Mayor of London to open UK’s first open access factory at Meridian Water in Edmonton

Jules Pipe, the Deputy Mayor of London for Planning, Regeneration and Skills, will officially open Bloqs, the UK’s first open access workshop, in the heart of Enfield Council’s Meridian Water development in Edmonton, today (10 February).

READ MORE

Plans approved for major new skills and training hub at Meridian Water in boost for Enfield residents

Leading regeneration business Vistry Partnerships has had its plans for a major new construction skills centre at Meridian Water approved by Enfield Council, paving the way for hundreds of skills and training opportunities for local people.

READ MORE

newsletter

Don’t miss out, sign up to the Meridian Water e-newsletter today.

Sign up to our Meridian Water digital newsletter to find out more about the project and exciting things happening in the area. The quarterly newsletter will include updates on how the project is progressing, amazing events taking place at the meanwhile sites, details of forthcoming community information events, notifications of job and business opportunities and information on the 10,000 new homes.